POLICY: Our agent/broker fee is a referral fee for walking in your client. Like most builders, we have a strict policy of requiring agents/brokers to accompany their clients on their first visit to a neighborhood, preview event or information seminar. We do not credit any commissions to the buyers through escrow, and we do not pay a commission to a principal buyer. See full Broker Cooperation Terms and Conditions below.
PRIORITY ORDER: To best assist your client, they need to register on our Priority List through our website at www.calwestliving.com. Your client will receive a Priority Position to purchase. We can only sell to a buyer (client) who has a Priority Position (not agents/brokers Priority Position). We will attach the agent/broker to the client only if the agent/broker accompanies the client into the community on their first visit, including preview events prior to Model Opening such as private tours, dusty shoes, and VIP events and information seminars.
REGISTERING: On your client's first visit to the community or on their first visit to preview event (you must accompany them), you must complete our Broker Registration form. If your client has not visited the community or attended a preview event before, we will allow you to register them and attach you to their file. While you are always welcome, from that point forward you no longer need to accompany the client on future visits.
MARKETING: California West Communities understands that in order to successfully sell real estate brokers must also have thoughtful marketing campaigns. Although we support local broker efforts to market our neighborhoods for sale, we maintain the exclusive rights to all text, imagery and video assets located on our website or other California West Communities created marketing material. Use of any marketing assets requires approval by California West Communities.
BROKER COOPERATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS**:
1. Broker cooperation shall be paid only for California West Communities neighborhoods in which California West Communities specifically advertises the availability of broker cooperation.
2. Broker cooperation may not be offered for all residences in a community.
3. Broker cooperation amounts and terms may differ from community to community and residence to residence.
4. California West Communities is not obligated to offer broker cooperation and, if offered, the broker cooperation shall be in an amount and terms determined by California West Communities in its sole discretion.
5. California West Communities may withdraw an offer of broker cooperation or change the terms of such offer, including the residences covered by the offer, at any time without notice.
6. If offered, broker cooperation shall be offered only to licensed California Real Estate Brokers.
7. Home purchasers who are licensed California real estate brokers or salespersons shall not be entitled to broker cooperation.
8. The broker must accompany the purchaser at the purchaser’s first visit to the community, preview event or information seminar.
9. At such first visit the broker and purchaser must execute and deliver all broker cooperation documents and materials required by California West Communities (“Co-op Documents”).
10. The Co-op Documents shall apply only to the community and residence described in the Co-op Documents and not to any other community or residence.
11. The Co-op Documents may not be assigned by the broker or purchaser.
12. The broker cooperation fee shall be paid if any only if the purchaser closes escrow for the residence specified in the Co-op Documents. If escrow does not close for any reason, including the fault of the seller, no broker cooperation amount shall be paid.
13. California West Communities shall have no obligation to provide the cooperating broker with notices or other information of any kind regarding the purchase of a home by the purchaser.
14. Broker and any salesperson representing the purchaser under Broker must have valid California real estate brokers/salesperson license at the time of execution of the Co-op Documents and the close of escrow for purchaser’s purchase of the residence described in the Co-op Documents.
**Broker co-op terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. If there is any conflict between the listed terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Broker Cooperation Agreement, the Broker Cooperation Agreement shall control.